Tuesday, January 19, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

I love taking an everyday item and repurposing it! It is fun to be creative with items and make them work for you! I tend to be drawn towards the pieces that feel more eclectic and vintage. Here are a few of my favorite things…

1.Mason Jars…they can be used as candle holders, favor jars or specialty cocktail glasses!

2.Cake Stands…they can hold centerpieces, family photos or favors! This would be really cute for a wedding, bridesmaid luncheon or rehearsal dinner too!

3.Tea Cups….they can be used as cake toppers or you could float a single bloom in one as an accent on tables! At my wedding, I used my grandmother's teacup as my cake topper as a way to honor her on my wedding day! I like to think she was there the whole day!

4.Birdcages…they can be used to hold cards on the gift table or as a guest book where each guest can leave wishes for the bride and groom! And thanks to spray paint we can make them match or compliment any color scheme!

5.Postcards…they can be used as fun save the dates, left in a welcome bag with the itinerary for the wedding weekend, or they can be at the wedding for guests to leave a message to be mail to the bride and groom later! It is always fun to drop those messages in the mail while the newly weds are on there honeymoon knowing that when they return they will have tons of loving messages waiting on them at their new home!

Have a Blessed day!

No comments: